Reflection on the “Culture” presentation

On the Friday, 15 people in our class used couple of different ways to present the culture. I chose to do the presentation to this task.

I made a power point to present this project. I explained what culture is and had a short introduction about The Serpent’s Children, a little bit background information of Laurence Yep. And also I did some research about my culture such as Chinese culture and some traditions of Sichuan and Chengdu. Also I used one slide to introduce the People’s Park in Chengdu. That one is my favorite slide, because People’s Park is the place where I was growing up, it is a friend of mine.

I think the performance was not pretty good, because it was not well prepared on the board in the classroom, maybe because I didn’t check after I made the power point,so next time I have to check everything I did after I made it. And I also think that I need to find more things from the boob which can relate to my culture.

I really like Jack’s Prezi. It is very detailed and he did a lot of research. And also his Prezi is very creative, so maybe next I can do it more creatively. Or I can put more pictures to explain the things that I want to present instead of typing a lot of context.

Furthermore, I need to prove my presentation skills, so I have to work hard in Ms. Gonzalez presentation class.

One thought on “Reflection on the “Culture” presentation

1. Good reflection, Marina. You have explained what your favourite bit was and why (The People’s Park) and where you think you can improve in the future. I think you are a little too hard on yourself, as the presentation was not too bad.

Next time you are reflecting on your work, think about the process of learning you go through as you work on your presentation. Why did you choose to do a PowerPoint? Why did you choose to talk about your own culture? I would like to see your thought processes a little more so that you become more aware of how you learn as much as what you learn.

I like your comments on the presentations of others and how you could use what you learned from those for yourself.

Well done 🙂